The Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge has easily become the holy grail of all makeup sponges I have ever tried and will continue to be a staple in my makeup bag for a very long time.
I’ve been looking for a while for a technique I felt most comfortable with in terms of applying my foundation. I needed a makeup tool that would evenly apply foundation on my skin without overloading it too much with product to the point where my skin feels like it can’t really breathe. The last thing I want is my skin suffering from breakouts due to overloading my pores with excessive product. I actually stopped wearing foundation for a few years to let my skin breathe. I’ve just started getting back into it now that I’ve noticed how my skin tone has become quite uneven in some places.
After watching a few beauty vlogs, I came across this brightly coloured orange egg and little did I know that this egg and I will have a very happy future together. I was immediately intrigued and wanted to get my hands on one right away. At first glance, I was impressed by the price. At the time of writing this review, the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge retails at a manageable price of £5.99 in stores like Boots all over the UK. Not bad hey? Considering its high-end counterpart sponge, the Beautyblender retails at a heftier price of £16.00.
Since it was my first time to try using a beauty sponge to apply foundation with, I opted for the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to see how I got on.
After experimenting with what works best for me, I’ve nailed it down to the following procedure:
- http://restginhisshadow.com/tag/burden/?http://faithfulbloggers.co Dampen sponge – I run the sponge under warm water for about 5 seconds. I then drain excess water by squeezing the sponge gently until it just feels damp. The sponge expands in size slightly once it’s been ran under water.
- http://oceanadesigns.net/images/granite/magma-gold/magma-gold.jpg Apply foundation on sponge – I know some people prefer pumping out foundation on the back of their hand instead but I find applying foundation straight on the flat edge of the sponge more efficient, especially since I tend to do my makeup while on the go.
- cheap accutane online Dabbing – Using the flat edge of the sponge, I use a dabbing motion to evenly spread the foundation on to my skin and it honestly feels dreamily blendable. I’ve had sponges before that just wipe product on the surface of your skin while the sponge feels stiff and not as springy. The Real Techniques sponge feels flexible, springy and soft allowing you to easily reach large surface areas of your face as well as for targeting smaller areas such as around the eyes and the nose.
- Covering imperfections – I use the tip of the sponge for this to target areas where I have blemishes.
- glucophage 1000 mg hinta Cream blush – from time to time I like switching up my blusher by going from powder to cream based products and this sponge is amazing for this too. Using the curved side of the sponge, I dab the sponge into my cream blush and then dab it gently on the apples of my cheeks. Works all the time, the final look is subtle and natural looking, just the way I like it.
The finishing look of applying foundation using this sponge is smooth, even and natural looking. Paired with a good foundation it’s as if the product just melts into my skin, giving me a natural yet flawless finish. I love that I can easily control my coverage. I usually go for a dewy finish with light coverage but there are times when extra help is needed during certain times of the month or when my skin looks stressed (ladies put’cho hands up if ya feelin’ me right now) and I can build on overage my not dampening the sponge as much.
These sponges are pretty straight forward to maintain. All you have to do is rinse it with some shampoo, run it under warm water, leave it to dry and viola – it’s ready for your next use. For hygiene purposes I bought a little beauty sponge pouch for it so that it doesn’t get contaminated with germs from other places. A zip lock is just as handy for this purpose.
I love this sponge as it helps my foundation melt into my skin like butter. The application is seamless and flawless. For such an affordable retail price as well, there’s just no going wrong in using this little drugstore gem.